Suggestions
If anyone has any suggestions for the SAMP server, we would be happy to take any serious suggestions into consideration, with the development and server still being so early on, it will be a lot easier to implement interesting ideas now rather then later.

We have already revamped the economy, meaning money is much more valuable ($1,000,000 equal to around $100,000).

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we changed the whole phone book concept, to be honest it's not really how it works in real life. If we get a new cellphone or sim card with a new number it wouldn't be in the phone book right away. This also makes it much harder for the law (or hitmans) to track down suspects and they will have to roleplay more to be able to get the cellphone number from that suspect. Not only the law and hitmans but also other players will have to roleplay a lot more to get someone's phone number. Maybe remove the whole concept or change that you want your number to be in there? I know all this isn't supposed to happen and you should roleplay it out but I think we can all agree it would be more fun to play it like this and stimulate roleplay.

Please let me know your thoughts about this people!

That's Great
[Image: 934392668.png]

The money part is a-okay with me. I was suggesting to try to keep the server closer to the 2013 NGRP, where everything is slightly more simple.

goodluck ngg

That's Great, Good I dea @Vamos
[Image: 2tY8AAX.png]
                                                            [Image: h4V7HZC.png?1]

can we know which script you're working with?
lets hope its not the script that whenever you write a command a dialogue shows up

(02-04-2020, 07:43 PM)Jackie Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good idea if we changed the whole phone book concept, to be honest it's not really how it works in real life. If we get a new cellphone or sim card with a new number it wouldn't be in the phone book right away. This also makes it much harder for the law (or hitmans) to track down suspects and they will have to roleplay more to be able to get the cellphone number from that suspect. Not only the law and hitmans but also other players will have to roleplay a lot more to get someone's phone number. Maybe remove the whole concept or change that you want your number to be in there? I know all this isn't supposed to happen and you should roleplay it out but I think we can all agree it would be more fun to play it like this and stimulate roleplay.

I'm fairly split on this one... there's an online phone book and if you write an adress and name you get phone number.. doesn't even have to be full(ie last name+city= all phone numbers registred on that last name in that city..), second thing is that if we're going to talk more about real life.. well let's be honest, people are using more social media than they're using their phones... I don't think that I need more explaining here...

In my opinion, ability to track someone with their phone(whatever if it's for LEO or HMA should not exist, it has nothing to do with rp whatsoever and it never did, plus there's the fact that unlike real life, you can't just leave your phone somewhere.. you always have it with you..)

If we're going to talk about legit tracking and roleplay, a lot of players which are getting hits are not some no namers, for example there was one situation where Tony Ryders had hit on me, he took a racing car which we used in url, managed to make a car crash, roleplayed with me and then killed me when I was checking out engine on his car.. and that was legit roleplay, unlike some hitmans(which I won't name..) which just lured me OOCly to certain location, we talked OOCly and then sniper killed me... or one certain other which was sitting with me in car, planted bomb on it when I was afk, continued to sit in my car and then detonated it... killing both me and him... that was the real issue with hma, the fact that they did not have to roleplay when doing hits.

I have plenty of ideas... first of all, make player names like you have on eclipse... easiest way possible to avoid metagaming, remove tuning shops and give that part to car mechanics or URL(if we're going to re-launch that thing), let's be real.. you don't walk around in real life and see every car with spoilers, nitro etc... next thing, remove tracking ability for leos and hma(explained it in comment #8), make guns harder to obtain... goold old ngg and the fact that everyone had spas... change turf system a bit:for example, when gangs are applying give them a choice to pick between being drug dealers, weapons dealers etc, remove "drug turfs, weapons turfs" etc or however it worked and let turfs give gangs either drugs or guns... you have more roleplay between the gangs, less dm and you instantly have alliances which make some sense... regarding police, give them a reason to patrol, instead of having cop baiting rule and bunch of police in cruisers, give them more undercover cars(which make sense by the way, not 100 black bullets or infernuses so everyone knows that they're police) with random colors and nitro and let them just roam around casually, if someone is breaking the driving law let them pull over that person.. you instantly have more roleplay or.. well more chases.. those are some ideas, but just a notification with all this sad> i'm not trying to point out "make ngg heavy rp server", far from that.. what I'm trying to say is make some additional stuff which makes certain stuff interesting for players in casual way, let's be real back in the day.. especially in certain periods it was pure cops and robbers with additional of low level players doing pizzaboy runs or trucking and url(the real one, not asslicking one) doing car stunts...

(02-04-2020, 07:43 PM)Jackie Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good idea if we changed the whole phone book concept, to be honest it's not really how it works in real life. If we get a new cellphone or sim card with a new number it wouldn't be in the phone book right away. This also makes it much harder for the law (or hitmans) to track down suspects and they will have to roleplay more to be able to get the cellphone number from that suspect. Not only the law and hitmans but also other players will have to roleplay a lot more to get someone's phone number. Maybe remove the whole concept or change that you want your number to be in there? I know all this isn't supposed to happen and you should roleplay it out but I think we can all agree it would be more fun to play it like this and stimulate roleplay.

I agree with the phonebook concept, we could implement it so if you got a new number it doesn't show up for an hour, or allow two sims where you can disable one and use the other perhaps.

(02-07-2020, 02:58 PM)Matt Wrote:

I agree with the phonebook concept, we could implement it so if you got a new number it doesn't show up for an hour, or allow two sims where you can disable one and use the other perhaps.

That sounds awesome, thanks for your response.

(02-07-2020, 01:16 PM)SkylineGT Wrote:

I'm fairly split on this one... there's an online phone book and if you write an adress and name you get phone number.. doesn't even have to be full(ie last name+city= all phone numbers registred on that last name in that city..), second thing is that if we're going to talk more about real life.. well let's be honest, people are using more social media than they're using their phones... I don't think that I need more explaining here...

In my opinion, ability to track someone with their phone(whatever if it's for LEO or HMA should not exist, it has nothing to do with rp whatsoever and it never did, plus there's the fact that unlike real life, you can't just leave your phone somewhere.. you always have it with you..)

If we're going to talk about legit tracking and roleplay, a lot of players which are getting hits are not some no namers, for example there was one situation where Tony Ryders had hit on me, he took a racing car which we used in url, managed to make a car crash, roleplayed with me and then killed me when I was checking out engine on his car.. and that was legit roleplay, unlike some hitmans(which I won't name..) which just lured me OOCly to certain location, we talked OOCly and then sniper killed me... or one certain other which was sitting with me in car, planted bomb on it when I was afk, continued to sit in my car and then detonated it... killing both me and him... that was the real issue with hma, the fact that they did not have to roleplay when doing hits.

I have plenty of ideas... first of all, make player names like you have on eclipse... easiest way possible to avoid metagaming, remove tuning shops and give that part to car mechanics or URL(if we're going to re-launch that thing), let's be real.. you don't walk around in real life and see every car with spoilers, nitro etc...  next thing, remove tracking ability for leos and hma(explained it in comment #8), make guns harder to obtain... goold old ngg and the fact that everyone had spas... change turf system a bit:for example, when gangs are applying give them a choice to pick between being drug dealers, weapons dealers etc, remove "drug turfs, weapons turfs" etc or however it worked and let turfs give gangs either drugs or guns... you have more roleplay between the gangs, less dm and you instantly have alliances which make some sense... regarding police, give them a reason to patrol, instead of having cop baiting rule and bunch of police in cruisers, give them more undercover cars(which make sense by the way, not 100 black bullets or infernuses so everyone knows that they're police) with random colors and nitro and let them just roam around casually, if someone is breaking the driving law let them pull over that person.. you instantly have more roleplay or.. well more chases.. those are some ideas, but just a notification with all this sad> i'm not trying to point out "make ngg heavy rp server", far from that.. what I'm trying to say is make some additional stuff which makes certain stuff interesting for players in casual way, let's be real back in the day.. especially in certain periods it was pure cops and robbers with additional of low level players doing pizzaboy runs or trucking and url(the real one, not asslicking one) doing car stunts...

Well first of all thank your for taking time to respond to my suggestion. I honestly really like the ideas you wrote down, here is some of my input on it and some questions here and there:
- I like that concept of changing the player names to something static and only when you know that person it gets displayed or something. But when should that name change to their RP name? Do players like set it themselves, or does it keep static on each player?
- Removing the NPC tuning shops is a great idea. It stimulates RP when you let mechanics do these kind of actions to your car and players could maybe start some kind of business. Something like a garage.
- I don't fully agree on removing the ability for leos or hma to track down phones, if they got the number and the phone is on they should be able to track them down. Maybe change this to a radius close to an antenna instead of the exact location of the player.
- Make it harder to get weapons is also a good idea, not only for regular players but also for normal LSPD officers. They shouldn't be running around with SPAS-12. SWAT of course is a different story.
- That turf system with weapons and drugs also sounds good. Nothing to add really here.

It's a lot of information but I hope some of these suggestions can do something good for the server.